Friday, January 6, 2012

Realtors. . . Looking for a Repeat Performance?

DECISION 2012
Over the past few days, I have heard many Realtors moaning about the unpleasantness suffered in 2011.  Guess what?  They are still here and still moaning!  So my question to the moaners is:  "what are you doing to improve production in 2012?"  Right, I know everyone is waiting on an "economy improvement."  But what if . . . .?  You still will have bills to pay and your family will need an occasional meal.  Right?  So, TODAY, you need to decide what you will do differently in your business.  I suggest you think long and hard about this question because business does not just happen if you are waiting for the phone to ring. 
Back in the early nineties, I heard many Realtors say that they had an mls book and did not need a computer.  A few of us got PC's and well, what do you know?  You really cannot do real estate without a computer, agreed?  I guess there are still a few of us who have someone  to do the "hard stuff."  But you and I both know that knowledge is power and you should know how to do things yourself even if the job belongs to someone else!!! 
So look at today's real estate trends--social media, blogging, email blasts, etc.  Do you know how to do these things?  They are like the PC, they are not going away and they are becoming leading industry tools.  Evaluate your toolbox, do you Face book, Linked in or Twitter?  Maybe you don't know how.....so here I go again,  here's today's truth about real estate: Realtors, you need to select at least one of today's trends and learn it!  Maybe you won't use it or maybe you will, but need the knowledge! Today's second truth is that technology is not going away, but it will change! 
The message:  learn something new.   Change something you are doing. Same actions will get same results. You do not want to be the definition of insanity*! 

Think about it!
*Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.--Albert Einstein

(leave message as anonmyous but sign your name)

2 comments:

  1. I Love this blog! Its my kind of place. ....hmmm....sounds like a song :-) Your mind is a wonderful place yet sort of wacky at the same time! Love it! Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with this....2010 was a down year for me...for the first time in YEARS my volume dipped--if I was honest, it is because I was too scared to implement the right staff (this costs money..smile) implement technology because it scared me, and get on board with what was coming down the pipe. I was not wanting to change. I went to see someone I consider a mentor (author of this blog) who set me straight. She kindly told me to quit whining, hire a coach and do what I needed to get back in the game. I will forever be grateful to this wise woman. I swallowed hard, tucked my tail between my legs and made the calls to move forward. This year, I am proud to say even with personal tragedy in my life, my volume was over 31 million increasing 4 million from the year before. Thank you Gwen... Realtors...take the first step. Make your list and move towards current trends. You can either enjoy the race by running it or watching from the stands.

    ReplyDelete