Monday, November 15, 2010

Wow-Za! Where is the Eye of the Storm?

Wow-Za!
The Discovery Channel's show, Storm Chasers http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/storm-chasers/ has an almost "cult following" around my clan!  First of all, because many of us know the "stars", we started watching early-on and now,  the suspense keeps us coming back!  Secondly, for years and years, "Okies" have seen the funny, antennae-top, chaser cars around, and NOW, this all makes sense.  I get it it, storm chasers really are about "the chase."  They will go wherever the chase leads them!
How about you?  Do you drive around in a  funny antennae-top, chase car?  Or, do you possibly have a "more appropriate Realtor car?"  If so, I must ask, "What is a Realtor car?"  Well, I think the answer is, "whatever car a Realtor drives."  You see, it is not about the status, the looks or even the image,  projected by your car.  It is about the service you offer.  Let me save you some time.  I have driven a lot of different cars.  My favorite car was the Lexus, I drove off the show room floor.  I loved it and IN MY OPINION, Lexus is the best car made.  That being said, I will tell you I have sold as much real estate in my little Ford Escape,  as I sold in  my Lexus.  Why?  It is still, about my service.  After 26 years, the majority of my clients are repeat business or a referral, sent by a previous customer or client.  People just want to buy or sell a house.  Riding in a fancy car is nice,  but not necessary.   It's about the service, I say, again!
Back to those insane "Storm Chasers,"  and their lust for "the chase."  I know for sure, one of these local stars, a friend of mine, is a meteorologist by training.  For all I know, all three chasers are meteorologists.  It is a little mind boggling to think these guys went from trained meteorologists to "TV stars" with a cult following! One thing I know for sure, they have gone where the jobs have taken them.  How about you?  Are you enjoying the "chase" of the real estate world?  If not, how about going where your job leads you?    The  word Realtor is clearly defined (a real estate licensee, who is a member of the National Association of Realtors( http://www.realtor.com/basics/allabout/realtors/why.asp?source=web ),  The job  is not clearly defined.  Go where the chase leads you.  Today's lower interest rates and low prices, may someday be called the perfect real estate storm.  Don't let it pass you by!


Ok, I said it! 
LEAVE ME A MESSAGE BY CHOOSING ANONYMOUS IF YOU ARE NOT A MEMBER OF ANY OF THE CONTRIBUTING GROUPS!

1 comment:

  1. Wow-za... sometimes the RE Chase is just as scary as the storm chase; and I gotta say it has sometime taken me into places I did not want to go! But, it is always interesting. Sharon

    ReplyDelete